Antawn Jamison

Mishra wrote:

> *** To me Jamison appears to be the perfect fit in Pitino system. He
> rebounds well, has great quickness, can take the ball to the hole and is
> very good defensively. Sounds like a great fit in an end-to-end running
> game.

I know it will never happen, but I would love to see the Celtics wind up
with a frontcourt of Antawn Jamison and Antoine Walker.  They are both
very athletic talented players, and I think that they would complement
each other well - Jamison is more of an inside player, while Walker has a
better outside game.  If the C's had those two at forward, along with Ron
Mercer and Kenny Anderson at guard, I think that they could be
contenders even with DeClerq and Knight playing center.

Plus, Jamison is coming out of North Carolina, which means he is sound
fundamentally (ever notice how many more Carolina players go on to have
success in the NBA than Duke players?).

As for our draft pick, I think it would be a mistake to trade it *before*
the lottery.  A lot of luck in the lottery could push this franchise over
the top.

Michael Byrnes
mbyrnes@stanford.edu