From: "Shailendra K Mishra" <smishra@ix.netcom.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.COM>
Subject: An interesting read on the upcoming draft.
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 22:17:00 -0800

LaFrentz. Shaping up as a poor man's Christian Laettner. For one thing,
he
doesn't have Laettner's shooting range. "But he'll rebound better than
Laettner because he's a great jumper, he'll bang and go inside,''
predicted
one scout. "People questioned whether Laettner could dominate on our
level,
and he certainly hasn't. This kid won't, either.''

*** Pitino was very high on LaFrentz last year and who knows maybe he was
blowing smoke but LaFrentz can rebound, block shots and score so I don't
understand the pessimism by the pro-scouts.

Pierce. While some scouts rate him a notch below the Celtics' Ron Mercer,
at
least one has already tabbed him No. 1 for the draft -- if he chooses to
leave the Jayhawks.
"He's got the NBA style and he's a legit 6-6,'' the scout said. "He can
break down a defense, shoot the leaner, take a bump and make a shot, and
he
can dunk. The best thing about him is that some small forwards are just
shooters, like Dennis Scott. And some are just scorers, like Cedric
Ceballos. Pierce is gonna be both.''

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]