Gamecocks and Spre

As I sit here greiving yet another major disappointment by the
Gamecocks, I reflect on what it means.  All year long this team has
lacked the killer instinct, despite being a good team.  They hardly ever
pulled away from other teams and did not fight for every loose ball,
rebound etc.  And I think that is what is needed to be able to succeed
at the level for the Celtics too.  You have got to want it.  I wonder if
the Celtics want it bad enough.  There is a chemistry that makes a
difference.  Do we have it?  If not, where can it come from?

On Spre, he may have some criminal charges against him for his wreck the
other day.  The write up is at ESPN.  He sounds like a loose cannon that
is going to explode one day soon.  But he is not getting any help by the
arbitrator, his agent, the player's union or any or those around him who
seem to think that he has no problem and are only worried about his
money.  Sad situation and I hope he doesn't end up like the fellow from
Chicago.

The url is:

http://espnet.sportszone.com/nba/news/980312/00620789.html

--