What's it take for a championship?

While getting into the play-offs would be a major turnaround from last
year, I would much rather we didn't if it means getting a higher draft
pick in exchange. Of course, a higher pick doesn't necessarily guarantee
a quality player, but seeing how we've done over the past couple of
years (Walker, Mercer, K Anderson via Billups), I'm feeling fairly
upbeat about the whole thing.

However, what about the free agent situation? The following positions
seem to be set:
SF - Walker
PG - Anderson
SG - Mercer

Leaves us with C and PF to fill. To get a free agent such as Austin at
C, we would have to give up Popeye Jones (and I was sort of counting on
him to fill the PF spot) and Zan Tabak; else we don't have sufficient
room under the cap, right? Assuming we do something miraculous and can
get Austin while keeping P Jones:

C Austin
PF Popeye Jones

On the bench you have:
DeClerq
Bowen
McCarty (what the hell's got into him?)
Barros

Edney
Ellison
Dontae'
Minor

I've separated the bench because there is a clear difference between the
top four (hardworking, have achieved something to date, etc.) and the
bottom four. Have I forgotten anyone?

Now for the million dollar question: Can this team bring a championship?
Rather sceptical. Walker and Mercer would have to play Jordanesque and
Pippenesque roles - that's not going to happen next year; they are still
developing. However, we have a very good PG, a good C and a decent PF.
Hmmmm........