Re: Artis Gilmore Back To Boston!!!

>>My local paper is reporting that Pitino is in discussions to
>>bring Artis Gilmore back to Boston as an assistant to work
>>with the Celtic's centers and teach them the inside game.
>
>AND Who's gonna work with Artis on his hands?

I'm not quite sure what this comment is supposed to mean.  Are you implying
that Gilmore wasn't a terrific basketball player?  Are you judging him
based on his one season in Boston?  That was his 17th(!) season playing
professional ball (both in the ABA and NBA).

Gilmore put up monster numbers in his first 15 seasons, averaging anywhere
from 15-25 ppg.  He averaged 14.3 rpg in his first 10 seasons.  His
lifetime FG percentage is somewhere around 55-60%.  Work on his hands?  You
don't get stats like that by dropping the ball!  :)

If our centers started putting up even half the numbers that Gilmore did
during his first 15 years, we'd be dancing in the streets.