RE: Get rid of McCarty

>Just another Eric Williams??? As much as I like Walter's
>hard-work and athletiscism, Eric Williams is on a completely
>different level. Williams will score 20 ppg in this league
>(especially on the Nuggets) for years to come.

Well, I don't know if I'd go that far . . .

Only time will tell, but I think both players have yet to completely prove
themselves.  I agree that Williams has a lot more potential, though.

>In my opinion, it was stupid to let him go in the first place.

As has been said many times before, I didn't have a problem with Pitino
getting rid of him, I only had a problem with Pitino GIVING HIM AWAY for 2
2nd round picks.  He could have at least forced the Nuggets to take Pervis
or Minor also.

>If the basketball gods had been looking down on us, this would
>be the C's lineup right now:
>
>C Tim Duncan
>F Antoine Walker
>F Eric Williams
>G Ron Mercer
>G David Wesley

Aside from the obviously wonderful addition of Duncan, is this lineup
really better than what we currently have?

Also, can you win it all with this team?  Maybe (I don't know).  But if you
can't, you're screwed.  I haven't done the math, but I'm figuring that the
team would have zero cap flexibility with this lineup.  Plus, you still
have to resign your entire starting lineup (except Wesley).

Finally, this has to be the most expensive "bench" in NBA history (and
you're forgetting Greg Minor -- we would still have him too in your
scenerio):