Re: Get Real About The C's Chances Against Utah

At 09:24 AM 3/4/98 -0500, Ryan Falcone wrote:
>us with inside crushing, tempo control, and experience in the face of the
>press.  Can we beat them?  I think we can and will.<<<<<
>

>I think that you must be daft!  Regardless of how much progress the team
>seems to have made since the Anderson trade, it's both ridiculous and
>premature to imply that the beloved Celtics are in the same class as
>upper echelon NBA teams like Utah--yet.

But he didn't say that they were in the same class. He said he thought they
*COULD* win the game. No one thought beating the Bulls and Lakers put us in
their class, just showed that when we played well, we werer capable of
beating anyone on any given night. And that's especially true since the
coming of KA, with the marked improvement in play.

Sorry, but I have a pet peeve about people who translate what someone else
says into something else so they can show they were wrong. It's as cheap a
shot as the things people are getting all wound up about being said about
Walker et al.
<snip>

-Kim
Kim Malo