improvements

I've seen so many people saying the words 'it will improve'. I just saw again
that somebody wrote that Walkers' shootingpercentage will improve, etc, etc.
Think about this: I watched CNN's this week in the NBA, they showed that
many players are having the same numbers thru their career since their 2nd
year in the pros. They showed quite a few examples, but I can't really remember
them all:
Shaquille is having those numbers
Penny Hardaway is after his lowscoring rookie season
Alonzo Mourning
Grant Hill

And I truly think the list can be alot bigger than this. They were saying that
the stats prove that players normally reach their potential beginning from their
2nd year. Another great example: Many people said that Shawn Bradley would
improve over the years.

Well, his numbers are almost exactly the same as he had from his 2nd season on.
This is such a good example of when a player doesn't do well in his second year,
he'll probably never really will.

CNN brought this up because of the salarycaps for rookies and all that.

I'm bringing this up to show that it is quite possible that Antoine will
always shoot
low 40's, and a low free-throw percentage. However, expect him to get
20's and 10's throughout his career.

Am I having a fair point here?

p.s. We sure shouldn't act like babies and make this list some
cussingcompetition.
I've been a member of other mailinglists like this. One list's level of
intelligence
was so low, people were writing one-on-one and people were writing about their
social live (where they were going to meet eachother at what bar). I've been in
such lists, you don't see that happen to this one!!!

Maurice Spruijt