Subject: Misc.
Author:  tjoyce@mit.edu at mime
Date:    3/2/98 12:07 PM

I went to the game last night...my Knick loving husband actually sprang for
excellent seats...about 17 rows above courtside....I think my best seats in
the Fleet yet.

Antoine Walker was trash talking!!! The guy next to me who didn't seem to
know a lot about the Cs said, "he never shuts up, does he?" Woah! I kept
watching him and he had an onging dialogue with the Portland bench, most
notably an assistant coach. He and Rider also went at it on the court. It
was very noticeable. One of the bench warmers even went so far as to
imitate AW after Rider hit a shot...he stood up and pressed his arms to his
side and back and yelled...a gutteral, aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Also, at the end of the game when Stoudamire missed the floater, Walker,
who had just missed the first of his two free throws for the 10th time in
the game thus putting his team only 1 pt. ahead with 5.4 secs to go (and
thankfully, no timeouts for Portland!!) ran up on reporters table at the
end of the court (much like Jordan when they won the last championship). I
kept thinking....what does he have to cheer about like that? They almost
lost and it might have been his fault if they did. He rushes his first free
throw shot big time.

Walter and Dontae are great dancers. During player introductions, they were
grooving on the court.

Sabonis had some more pretty passes. He's a very large person.

So many people left early...they missed the end of a crappy-ending game!

Rick Fox isn't coming back to Boston. He wants to be an actor and things
are going well for him in that category. He's even taking acting lessons.
He said that it was between NY and LA and the NY guys kept trying to get
parts for him in Spike Lee films so he would come to NY!

Consider this: With Anderson on the team, AW should be playing better and
probably will....however, he's not the only MAN on the team anymore.

Theresa

tjoyce@mit.edu

RFC-822-headers: