RE: poor pros... sniff sniff

Injustice is injustice wherever it is. I won't condone that either.

> These guys are paid millions to play basketball.  Also, whos to
> say at their
> height that they won't have knee or ankle problems from normal
> wear and tear.

If they have genetic disorders(i.e. a pituitary gland condition like Georghe
Muresan or Marshon syndrome like Walter McCarty) maybe but if they don't
they shouldn't have any more likelyhood than the rest of us. Anyway all the
knee, acl, tendon and foot injuries in a typical nba season are hardly
coincidence.

> They should handle their money more efficiently and not throw it
> away on all the
> flasshy things in life.

What does this have to do with my original point?

>  A basktball player, even at the minimum
> salary, will
> make more in his career then most people make in their lifetime.

Yes. And? So do the owners. What's your point?

> So I don't buy
> the attitude of that they are crippled after a career in sports.

They *are* crippled when they finish their pro career.

Here's the definition from Webster's Dictionary:

crip-ple (krip'uhl)  n., v. <-pled, -pling>
              n.
                  1.  Sometimes Offensive.
                       a.  a lame or disabled person or animal.
                       b.  a person who is disabled in any way:
                            a mental cripple.
                  2.  anything that is impaired or flawed.
              v.t.
                  3.  to make a cripple of; lame.
                  4.  to disable; impair.
             [bef. 950; ME cripel, OE crypel; akin to CREEP]
   Derived words
             --crip'pler, n.

> They chose
> this living and no one forced them to do it.

Yes and they deserve to be compensated according to the profit they bring to
their enterprise.

> Remember that the owners have invested their money to run the
> team.  They should
> be more fiscally responsible and not hand out such lucrative contracts to
> players that haven't even proven themselves.  there is no one worth 20 -30
> million a year to play a sport.

If they get that much they are. If they aren't the owners are extremely
foolish and shouldn't own a team anyway.

> No matter how great they are.  This is a
> business and the owners have a right to make a profit.

Yes but the onus to make a profit is on the owner. If he/she/it doesn't make
a profit that's their responsiblity. They should reap what they sow just
like anyone else.

Noah