Re: YESSS!!!!!!!

-----Original Message-----
>The only problem is Mercer has not shown he can shoot well enough to play
>the 2 at the top level , what was he something like 10% on 3's last year,

Won't it be wrong to conclude that Mercer won't be able to expand his range
from his performance in rookie season? He has got good form and shooting
touch,  so I don't see why he can't shoot from 3 point
land. Mercer really improved in the second half and adjusted quite well to
the NBA game, so let's give him some time to work on his game.

>Pierce is a much better outside shooter.  If you don't have a 2 with 3
>point ability you are in trouble in the NBA.  Ron has not shown much range
>since Kentucky and this hurts us inside with double teaming.

Pierce will have the same kind of trouble getting used to the NBA game that
Mercer underwent (remember that there was a time when Bowen was starting
ahead of him). The last thing one could do in such a case is ask him to play
a new position.

>Hey if Philly wants to get rid of Coleman can;t we give them knight, Barros
>& ? I think he only hs 1-2 years left and is better than any center we have
>talked about although Stewart would come much cheaper and with some good
>tutilege could become a defensive stopper.

We have a young team and the last thing one would want is Derek Coleman,
never mind his skill level. I think the C's as constituted have a pretty
good team, we just need to give them time to be a team. Knight didn't really
shake the earth last year but last heard, is lifting weights and planning to
attend  Pete Newells camp which should improve his game. He won't be a great
center but with about 20 lbs, his mobility and long arms has a shot at being
a good one <there has to be a reason why Jerry West wants him on his
team>. - MIshra