RE: YESSS!!!!!!!

On Thursday, June 25, 1998 10:35 PM, Icarus [SMTP:skmishra@sprintmail.com]
wrote:

> [...]
Paul
> >play since his high school days in L.A and he is just that.  He isn't a
> >Kobe Bryant, Ron Mercer, type player.  he is more a Paul Pressey, Reggie
> >Lewis type,  not a highlight film, but a very mature disciplined player.
>
> If he becomes as good as Reggie Lewis (specially defensively) and we keep
> the four players we have together we will see many championships.
>
> > He should play 2 and let Mercer slash at the 3 as Paul is a much better
> shooter.
>
> I disagree, Paul is a much better rebounder than Mercer he should stick
> the three.
>                                                                         -
> Mishra

The only problem is Mercer has not shown he can shoot well enough to play
the 2 at the top level , what was he something like 10% on 3's last year,
Pierce is a much better outside shooter.  If you don't have a 2 with 3
point ability you are in trouble in the NBA.  Ron has not shown much range
since Kentucky and this hurts us inside with double teaming.

Hey if Philly wants to get rid of Coleman can;t we give them knight, Barros
& ? I think he only hs 1-2 years left and is better than any center we have
talked about although Stewart would come much cheaper and with some good
tutilege could become a defensive stopper.