Re: What to believe now?

>This from a Holly Globe piece today:
>
>"Pitino was asked if he truly had his lineup set since there has been
>speculation that Walker will be traded because of his contract demands. The
>coach said Walker was never mentioned in trade talks. He also said there
>was no truth to the rumor that the Celtics had a chance to trade Travis
>Knight straight up for the Lakers' Nick Van Exel."
>
>I can't decide if it is only smoke and mirrors or a dog and pony show.
>Regardless I will pay my admission to the show.

 I heard Pitino say that "everyone ,including us, has been lying their
butts off all during the pre-draft wheeling and dealing. It's part of the
routine, I guess.

>And though I have respected Bob Ryan for the most part for many years, he
>sure sounds like he could use a change of pace.

Bob Ryan has been around a long time, and I've enjoyed his work in the
past, but he sounds desperately in need of a hug or maybe tapes of the 86
team. His article this morning was a "I'm gonna take my ball and go home "
whine festival.I do agree that play has suffered a bit, but he doesn't
offer any solutions, he just bitches and moans. This is America, and if you
don't want to get your degree and you want to make millions of dollars, why
shouldn't you be able to?

                              Michael D.