Fw: comments

I wanted to forward some comments from our friend Jeremy (you make many
good points and obviously spend much looking over the details).  These are
the best IMO:

> 	I was watching the draft with a friend who happens to be a Faker
> fan.  His reaction was priceless.  He was pissed at Rick Pitino.  "Pitino
> got so lucky.  He better not take credit for this!!!"

He gets paid the bucks to take credit and the blame.  Oh well.

> 	So going into the draft I was hoping for Nowitski and would have
> been happy with him.  Paul Pierce???  Who would have thought.  The thing
is nearly every team in front of us drafted for need instead of taking the
best available player. Pierce at 10 in this year's draft is about 10 times
more amazing than
> getting Mercer at 6 last year and Walker at 6 the year before.
> 	Going into the draft wouldn't you have hated to be in Pitino's
> shoes.  Do you take a scrub at 10 who probably won't have any impact on
> the team next year, or trade away Mercer or Walker to move up, or package
> the pick with deadwood and move down?  That's why Pitino is paid $7M a
> year to make those decisions.  The irony is that the Celtics could have
> hired me for minimum wage for 10 minutes last night, and they would still
> have come away with Paul Pierce.

This point blank analysis is perfect and perceptive

> 	If you had to pick out the team who drafted the best this year,
> (not who got the luckiest), who would it be?  I would go with Orlando.
> They picked Doleac, Keon Clark, and Harping at 12, 13, and 15.  Then they
> got Miles Simon at 42.  They drafted amazingly well because they ignored
> their biggest need (a point guard) and always took the best available
> player.  They now have plenty of fodder to trade for a point guard.  With
> that said, these four combined probably won't have the impact that Pierce
> will have.  But you can't really call drafting Pierce a brilliant move
> (anymore than San Antonio taking Duncan last year).  It was the very
> definition of a no-brainer.

That is was.  Thank you for the feedback