Re: What now?

-----Original Message-----
From: Meninno, James A. <JMENINNO@PARTNERS.ORG>
>Does anyone else worry that we only have Dana and Tyus to back up Kenny
>Anderson?

How many do we need?

>I think Kenny and Dana are a fine tandem, more than up to the
>task.  The problem is that if either is out for any length of time,
>we're in deep trouble.  We don't seem to have any versatile guards.

>Mercer, Minor, Bowen , D Jones and now Pierce are all G/F types who can
>not even fill in at the point.  If Dana is packaged we will need to pick
>up a point who is capable of starting if needed.  That won't be easy.

Why not? Eric Murdoch who Pitino liked very from last years draft camp is
available. Miami being over the cap can at best offser him the million
dollar exception. For that matter we could too.

>My nominations for who I would like to see gone before training camp
>are...Travis Knight, Pervis Ellison, Zan Tabak, Dontae Jones, Greg Minor
>(surely there's no need for him now).  Travis would be the key to allow
>signing a decent center.

My nominations are as under:

Knight: With Pierce signing I would like to retain Travis. He can be
utilised in a number of ways as a backup PF, as a starting PF/C and as a
center.

Ellison:
The C's should try and prove that Pervis can't play because of his injuries
and get half his salary back into the cap.

Tabak: Waive

Dontae Jones: Keep because he could be usefull in aquiring a role player by
the trading deadline.

Minor: There is no other option but to keep, he is our backup SF.

> A three
>way where LA gets Knight, someone gets Van Excel and we get a big young
>body sounds good to me.  Keon Clark?  Probably not strong enough for
>what we need, but wow would we be athletic then.

The Van Exel deal is already done.
                                                                       -
Mishra