PIERCE

    I saw the Celtic's post draft show including Pitino's press
conference.  It seems our newest Celtic is 6' 7".  Pitino said to the
reporters “he'll be in shape for us”.  That brought a big laugh.  He was
acting like a kid who just got turned loose in a candy store and told he
could have anything he wanted.
    In the pre-draft show, he said Antoine will be a great player but he
has some areas in which he needs to improve (all those things that have
been mentioned on this list) before he can get the big bucks he's
looking for.  I believe it was him who said he thinks the big bucks make
him a star, but it's the performance, not the money.  Something like
that.  Tommy & Mike seemed to think they'd be better off to wait until
after the CBA to see if maybe they won't have to pay so much to keep
him.  The rules can change, is the way Tommy put it.
    There still seems to be something going on - the telecast is over,
but none of the Celtics brain trust has left, they're still making and
taking phone calls.  There was speculation by Tommy & Mike that
something could still happen.  It will be interesting.
Dorine