Re: Nowitzki

   I also have been intrigued by the talk of this guy.  But I have two
observations.  First, what is his "natural position?"  I find that the Cs have
this odd habit of drafting someone who plays one position in order to
"convert" him to another position.  I offer shooting guards Dee Brown and
Chauncy Billups (failed point guards) and power forwards Travis Knight  and
Andrew DeClerq (failed centers.)*  I confess that I am not sophisticated
enough to know what position Walker "really" plays.
     Second, is there anything definite about his status next year?  Or just
"reliable reports" from several "experts" and "insiders?"  Might he play in
the NBA? Is he committed to Europe for a year?  Is he in the draft or not?
      I also confess to having a vaguely unsettled feeling about both LaFrentz
(sp?) and Olowakandi.  Can't put my finger on it but something just doesn't
ring right with either one.
   *Well, maybe DQ isn't really "failed," but a starting quality NBA center he
ain't.
   - Doug (proud owner of 1/20 of Clipper tix and 10 shares of whatever entity
now owns the Celtics)