Draft

Thanks to all for such excellent posts.

I do think Olowokandi is the next best thing to Duncan.  In three years, he
will show his stuff, if he's coached at all.  Any trade for him would put
the Celts in gear for a long run, I think.  I would even trade Antoine for
him.  (Those who react in horror:  would you trade Antoine for Duncan?)
I think the candyman is in that class; remember how rare a good center is
in this league.  He's got the tools.

Then, I would welcome a lesser trade for Jamison.  He will be an
explosive player.  Teamed with Antoine, he could post up on offense and
defend the three man on defense.  IMO, he will be the second super
player in this draft.

Third, I would settle for Carter, the best talent in the draft.  I would not
give up Mercer here, but certainly Travis and Bowen to trade down a
few slots.

It all has to wait until Wednesday night (unless the Clips trade their pick)
to see who falls.  Within a few fifteen minute spans we may see
something happen.  Pitino may know for sure that he can't sign Walker;
otherwise, I'm sure he'll hold him and negotiate.  Wow!  I'm ready.  We
could really help ourselves by trading up.

Center _______, Walker, (Jamison or Carter), Mercer and Anderson.
Or, Candiman, Mercer, Anderson, #10 pick, ??.

Enough dreaming.

Gene (average of 101 for the last 5 days)