WC wrote:

> Pete Sheppard (sp?) on Sports-Raio WEEI in Boston said he's heard from
> two or three sources that the Celtics (aka Rick Pitino) are planning a
> big trade.  The deal, which he thinks has a "strong possibility" of
> occurring, would be Antoine and the tenth pick to Vancouver for Shareef
> Abdur-Rahim and the second pick in the draft.

I can't see this trade happening, but if it did it would be a steal for
the Celtics.  At best, they would get Abdur-Rahim and Olowokandi out of
the deal.  At worst, they would get Abdur-Rahim and Pierce.  More likely,
the C's could probably trade downward, get rid of a big contract, and
draft someone like Traylor or Nowitski.

But, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for this one to happen.  My
gut feeling is that we are going to keep our pick and end up with Nazr
Mohammed.

Michael Byrnes
mbyrnes@stanford.edu