Re: Jamison debate

-----Original Message-----
From: Warwick Janetzki <giants@eisa.net.au>

>Hey all,
>
>Just weighing in on the Jamison debate.
>
>I believe he will be a cross between Dennis Rodman and Glenn Robinson.
>If you remember Robinson had the same question  marks about his game
>when he left college as Jamison does now.

Jamison's game is very different from Robinson. Big Dog coming out of
college
was dominating scorer. There were no question marks on his shooting ability.
Jamison
on the other hand is an inside player who uses quickness and speed to
overcome his
opponent. He will have a hard time scoring points in the NBA in the begining
but he will
be able to help out by being a rebounding force.

>Their both roughly the same height and have the same skills, both seem
>to be really nice guys and both have good work ethics.

Jamison has been measured 6' 7-3/4" without sneakers, so he will be like 6'
8-1/2"- 9"
in them. But I am convinced that the size thing is overrated, I will take a
Scottie Pippen over
a 7'behemoth everytime unless his name is Shaq. Speed, quickness and
fundamentals are
the key, Jamison has a year under Den Smith, he comes from an outstanding
program and
he is very gifted player. If we get him, RP can't complain that he doesn't
have talent to work
with.
                                                                     -
Mishra