Re: CELTICS DRAFTDAY TELECAST?

>Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 08:09:27 -0400
>From: Dorine Pratt <norine@sover.net>
>To: Boston Celtics List <celtics@igtc.COM>
>Subject: CELTICS DRAFTDAY TELECAST?
>
>The Celtics have always had their own draft night telecast on what is
>now Fox Sports New England.  The entire evening.  According to our
>satellite guide, they are only telecasting the first and last half
>hours.  Can anyone in the Boston area find out more about this?  We've
>watched this for years and really look forward to it, as they have some
>of the players on air along with Tommy and Mike. We're in Vermont, not
>close enough to attend on a week day, or we would have contended for
the
>free tickets being offered.  Would appreciate any info you might be
able
>to get.  Thanks
>
>Dorine

I checked in our local southeastern Mass. TV guide, and Fox Sports isn't
even covering the Celtics draft, they have MLS Soccer and Cycle World
listed for the that time period.  Perhaps it's a typographic error?  Any
ways, TNT is covering the whole draft, so why don't you
watch them.  I like their coverage better than Clueless Tommy and
Syncophatic Mike.  The only thing that saves their draft show is the
writers, whether it's Bulpett or Mike Fine.
WC