Re: Antawn Jamison

>Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 20:26:48 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Michael Joseph Byrnes <mbyrnes@leland.Stanford.EDU>
>To: Celtics@igtc.COM
>Subject: Antawn Jamison
>

>WC wrote:
>
>> 10. Boston Celtics: Antawn Jamison
>>     They love Nowitzki more, but Jamison's not going to be in Italy
next
>>     year.
>
>Jamison will *never* slip to 10, unfortunately for the Celtics.  This
guy
>is going to be Dennis Rodman with a good attitude and some scoring
ability.
>With or without Antoine Walker (particularly with him), Jamison would
be a
>great addition to the Celtics lineup.

That's what they said about Corliss Williamson, a few years ago.
Tweeners have a tendency to slide down in the draft.  There are
questions about Jamison's size, his shooting range, his ball-handling
ability, and the fact that a guy like Michael Doleac was able to
neutralize him during the NCAA tournament.

>I also think, all else being equal, it is always a good idea to draft a
>player from UNC.  I'd like to see the C's pick up Shammond Williams,
too,
>if they can get a high first round pick.

I think you mean a low first round or high second round choice, and
remember Eric Montross.
WC