8 in a row?

>Only Houston hardheads would deny that the Rockets won a pair of
>championships (1994, 1995) that would have been Chicago's had Jordan not
>taken his famous sabbatical.

Don't know about that. Jordan DID play that second year the last 6 weeks or
so of the season plus the playoffs. People always seem to conveniently
forget that (especially Bob Costas). I also sort of recall he dropped 55 on
the Knicks after his return.

The biggest problem the Bulls had that second year was no Horace Grant and
no Dennis Rodman. They had nobody to handle Horace in the playoffs when he
switched to the Orlando Magic. They had nobody off the bench to battle
Shaq, Hakeem, etc. That's why they traded for Rodman that ensuing summer.
IMO, Rodman was the key to the following 72-10 year.