Hot topics

Well, we've been back and forth on whether Antoine deserves huge money
for ages now.  I don't agree with the people who say that if you want to
be a champion you have to shell out huge money up front to your young
star.  Frankly, the biggest reason the Bulls were able to have their
"dynasty" is that they were able to sign Pippen to a long and reasonable
contract.  Malone and Stockton could have made more money than they did,
which allowed them to stay together.  I really think it comes down to
pride.  Some players are proud of winning and some are proud of their
paychecks.  If it were me, I honestly think I would take 12mil insted of
17 if I thought that money would be used to give the team a better
chance of winning.  Once we win a couple, give them everything there is.
What ever happened to reward for accomplishment?

As far as these cheerleaders go, I don't think it is so far fetched that
this is part of a number of changes to make the team seem more up to
date to the players.  Tradition is great, but do the players understand
or care about it?  I can see why these quaint traditions of ours would
seem backwards.  As long as we keep the important traditions of hard
work, desire to win etc., who cares about the presentation?  And the C's
have come miles in these areas this year.

Jim

PS I'll be 32 in 10 days.