Re: Walker rumor

<< >Antoine Walker, Greg Minor and the #10 pick to the Toronto Raptors for
 >Doug Christie, Marcus Camby and the #4 pick. The Celtics will then
 >possibly make a second deal to the Dallas Mavericks with Doug Christie
 >going to the Mavericks with the #4 pick for either Michael Finley or
 >Samaki Walker, their #6 pick and their 2000 draft pick. If the Celtics
 >are to trade up in the draft then it is very likely that the Celtics
 >will take Robert Traylor.

If push came to shove and we had to trade Walker this would be an interesting
scenario. Seems awfully complicated tho but if we could do both and come back
with Camby, Finley, Traylor, and the Mav's #1 in 2000 in exchange for Walker &
Minor and a #10 pick it wouldn't be a bad exchange. We could possibly tie that
Mav pick to someone else with a high salary to clear cap space and along with
renouncing Popeye & Tabak = the expected higher cap still have enough to bring
in a defensive center (we'd have sufficient offense). Would still prefer to
keep Walker but could live with this scenario if Walker can't be signed.

George