Open mouth, insert foot

>     I temporarily took myself out of this group because it became one huge
>     anal retentive flaming ring.  By anal retentive I mean one person will
>     make an innocent comment and all of a sudden 15 people will verbally
>     attack him/her claiming they are the gods of Celtic knowledge.  Case
>     in point a Mr. Jeff Chin made a comment saying that he would like to
>     see some cheerleaders at the Fleetcenter.  Then all of a sudden the
>     Celtic "fan" committee fired back at him as if Jeff were some bumbling
>     idiot.  There was no diplomacy whatsoever in anyone's views.  Noone
>     tried to see the other person's point. That's the purpose of a
>     discussion group, to open your horizons and learn a thing or two.  All
>     I saw was, "I am right and you are not".  I didn't see one instance of
>     "you know, you may have a point".  We're not here to gang up on one
>     person's view, we're here to exchange ideas and thoughts.  Now if
>     someone came in this group and said that Bird is a total talentless
>     idiot then that would be grounds for some flaming but please,
>     cheerleaders in the Fleetcenter?
>     Get a life and stop being so anal.

You are absolutely not getting it at all and are totally wrong.

When the discussion started, someone made the mistake of asking  Mr.Chin
how old he was. That set off a tirade of insults and written abuse, calling
people   impotent etc.This was all from Mr.Chin. If he caught some flak it
was because people responded to being insulted . I know you're so high and
mighty that you "removed" yourself from the fray, but if you hadn't, you
would have seen that that initial letter where the diplomatic Mr.Chin
called every body who disagreed with him "lameheads", was the catalyst for
this "anal" flame festival.

Read the posts before you write. If you did, you would have seen that I had
written, "I respect your opinion, or, "you have a valid point here". In
response to that, I got back these off the wall comments like "why do you
hate young people". I stopped posting on the subject because paranoid
fantasies were taking the fun out of the  idea exchange. This is not a
flame, but I have saved all the posts on this thread and am the guy that
caught the initial outburst from Mr. Chin because he mistakenly thought I
questioned his maturity. It wasn't me. I'm tired of these people making
things up out of thin air when the words are there for all to see. Read the
posts!