Re: Pitino on Walker

Traylor will not be available at 10; most likely Keon Clark will be
gone too; but both Jamison and LaFrentz are dropping down in the
draft, so perhaps one of them may slip down.  Hard to believe, but
players have been known to slide before. i.e. Michael Young.

As far as Walker goes, his days with the Celtics may be numbered.
Whenever Il Duce makes a big pronouncement, the opposite usually occurs.
And if you examine the possibility of a Vancouver - Boston
deal, it's possessed of an inherent logic.  Walker teamed with
Reeves and Rahim, gives the Grizzlies the best frontline in
basketball.  Olowokandi provides the C's with the impact center they
need, and having Vancouver pick up one of Boston's salary cap dregs
allows the Celtics to go out and sign a quality forward via free agency,
whether it's Googs, Corliss Williamson, Jason Caffey, or Player X.  The
C's also have the tenth pick to obtain more frontcourt help, perhaps
someone like Ansu Sesay, or with luck, one of the drifting two.

WC