The key

The key is confidence and being able to perform under pressure.  Yes,
the Jazz are getting screwed on calls by the refs.  Yes, the Bulls are
arrogant and easy to hate.  Yes, the media makes a saint out of MJ and
he ain't.  Rodman's probably not so bad either.

But the fact of the matter is, to be a champion you have to execute.
That game, and game 2 easily could have been won by the Jazz with just a
couple of rebounds to stop second shots and a couple of made baskets.
They should have been fouling Pippen to take him out of his rhythm.  The
bottom line is that the Bulls have the confidence and manage to get it
into the hole.  The Jazz clang it off the rim when it needs to go in.
Plus they don't want that ball bad enough.

What is pathetic is the way the refs let Rodman wrap everyone up and
then call the slightest touch fouls the other way.  They should have
called Rodman when he wrapped Malone up, or let them play on.  And
Jordan whines everytime a call goes the other way, but never gets a
tech.  The ref agrees he missed the call and then t's up Sloan.  That is
pathetic.  It is too bad that the NBA is letting Rodman play the way he
does.  You tell me that the refs can't see him holding, pushing,
undercutting, etc.  On the playground, someone would shoot him.  He'd be
kicked out of the Y.

But the bottom line is that the Bulls are confident and make their shots
and free throws.  The Jazz lost the game, and most likely the series, on
their own.

Now, I believe the Bulls will close this out on Friday.  But, I will
make one observation.  The Jazz have not played one good game yet where
someone gets hot.  If Russell or Foster or someone could get their game
going, they could get their confidence back and start playing like they
did in the earlier playoffs.  If they managed to do that, their
confidence would soar and they will be going home.  So, while I think
the Bulls close it out on Friday, I will say this, if the Jazz win on
Friday, there is a good chance that they will get on track and I will
predict that if they do win Friday, the Jazz will win both games in Utah
and close the Bulls down for good.

The problem is, who is going to step up?  Russell seems to be the key to
me.

--

Peace,

Bentz