CONTRACTS

OK.  I love pro basketball in general and the Celtics in particular and
have been a fan for many years.  However, I never paid that much
attention, until I joined this list, to things like contracts.  I
understood it on the only level I needed to, I guess.  The rest was not
interesting.  Now, I find myself every night when I read the list
wondering if the Rookie contract is (at least at this point) three
years, then why in heaven's name is a team held up an entire year or
more before the end of that contract?  There's some-
thing terribly wrong with that scenario in my judgement.  If all was
right with the world, we wouldn't have to worry about Antoine until next
spring at the earliest.  I hope they change that whole rookie thing,
make it longer and give the team that drafts them a chance.
Dorine