Re: offseason thoughts

I disagree.  Anderson will never be traded.  As for Mercer, he has
magnificent potential, plus personal qualities we all love.  He could
go if Rick thought he could score someone like Pippin, but not
otherwise.  I think there is a big misconception about the salary cap.
 The figure of three or four million that the celtics have to spend
doesn't take into account that the cap is about to go up three or four
million.  So I am assuming that we have seven or eight to spend, and
that's without backloading a contract (so that it starts paying up
just as Pervis or Dana finish).  Why we should have to pay half of
Dino Radja's salary if he comes back to the NBA is beyond me. I still
wouldn't spend it on Geiger, though, who strikes me as a disaster
waiting to happen.

I get the feeling that Pitino has his eye on somebody in this draft.
Larry liked Paul Pierce best, and that would also give Rick another
big defender, besides a proven scorer at the three.  LaFrentz doesn't
impress me.  I like Doleac better, who reminds me in a lot of ways of
Jim Petersen, but with a better shot.  The big men in this draft are
shit; I'm not even convinced on Kandi.  Olajuwon, you will remember,
had proved himself in the NCAA tourney.

This is very frustrating.  We are two weeks from the draft, and nobody
has a clue as to what is in the works for the Celtics.  Plus, we have
this Antoine thing hanging over our heads.  I HATE that Gaston was
among the owners who voted against reopening the CBA.  That tells me
that he's a hardass who thinks there is some kind of principal
involved here.  Let me tell you what the principal is, Paul:  putting
banners up in the "Fleet Center."  Otherwise, just do us all a favor
and sell out to a corporation.

Josh