Re: Anti-Bulls Sentiment

Dan Forant wrote:

> I've said it before and I'll say it again, Michael Jordan is the best
> all around player the game has ever seen. He is not just athletic, he is
> a brilliant thinker on the court. Remember Jordan didn't show these
> qualities early in his career. He has developed into this super stardom
> quality through hard work. He's respected, carries himself well, dresses
> well, and articulates well.
>
> Why do some dislike the Bulls? jealousy. Their the best were not. A true
> sportsman would respect Chicago's accomplishments, but not necessarily
> like them.

Your comments about Jordan and the Bulls are true, to an extent.  What I
dislike about the Bulls and Jordan is not their talent or work ethic.
Rather, it is the fact that everyone (including the officials) seems to
treat the Bulls as if they have a divine right to the NBA title.

If Michael Jordan is allowed to throw elbows or shoulders at his defenders
in the low post, then every other NBA player, All-Star or scrub, should be
allowed to do so as well.  If Scottie Pippen takes a charge while standing
inside the "no charge zone", it should be no call or a blocking foul.  If
Scottie flops on his ass after failing to defend Karl Malone, it shouldn't
be an offensive foul.

I just want to see a fair game, where all players play by the same set of
rules.  I dislike any team that gets away with constant violations.

Michael Byrnes
mbyrnes@stanford.edu