Re: Bulpett: Celtics Shopping Antoine, But Nothing Iminient Or Is It?

>Steve Bulpett said the following in today's Boston Herald:
>
>"Because they are uncertain whether they will be able to re-sign their their
>young All-Star, the celts have exercised due diligence and discussed him in
>trade scenarios......
>"The latest word is that Walker is seeking $105 million over six years
>(WC: That's
>$17.5 million a year) --

16.5 x 6 =.........quickly now, let's see if I can make the nuns smile in
their graves.....99. There, Walker can sign for an average of 16.5
mil./year for six years, Paul Gaston stays under his precious 100 mil.
limit, and the nuns and I can rest peacefully.

Also, concerning talks with Orlando. Don't the Magic have three first round
draft choices this year?

My fear is that, unfortunately, the Celtics have waited too long to trade
him. Everybody knows that if he's being traded now it's because of Gaston's
salary limits. The Celtics don't believe they can sign him, and everybody's
going to continually low-ball, waiting until the Celtics are insane with
desperation to dump him and then forced to accept a crappy offer.
But....then again who knows what's going to happen with the CBA. Maybe
there will be limits on player salaries although I think that attempt is
the quickest way to a year without basketball. Anyway...it's about time the
Bulls took four straight from the Jazz, won a championship for the last
time, and ended all this dominating madness. One more thing...I'm rambling
now but....doesn't Shaq have an out in his contract next year? How much cap
space do you think the Celtics could clear in any Walker trade? Who are the
free agents next year? Maybe it's more important to clear cap space in a
Walker trade than it is to hold out for equivalent talent. Now, obviously,
they should try to do both, but maybe the trade would be easier this summer
if the Celtics got back multiple stiffs at the end of their contracts and a
couple draft choices for Walker and a couple of expensive stiffs in green.
There's plenty in green to go around. If they have to trade him....make any
sense? I don't know? If they do trade him for salary cap relief, get ready
for a trip to "the worst record in NBA history" land.

I'm cranky because.....I just think my kids love me more when I take out my
check book. I take out my pen, I write the check, their eyes get big with
adoration...something's not right.

Paul M.