Re: facials

On Jun 05, Dave Hastings wrote:
> Ok according to FIBA rules (the international governing body for basketball)
> in Article 52. Technical foul by a player it states.
>
> (2) A player shall not disrgard admonitions by Officials or use
> unsportsmanlike tactics such as:
>
> c.  Baiting an opponent or obstructing his vision by waving his hands near
> his eyes.
> .
>  I think for international rules/games 2c answers your first question.  As
> for your second question, if we look at section 4, it says

I think for the NBA and NCAA, "face guarding" is not only legal but
considered good defense.  The term "getting a hand in the shooter's
face" is often heard as a form of good defense.  I have always assumed
that this was the case for all of basketball.  I do know that it is
illegal in football (the American kind), but it's definitely legal in
American basketball.

Tim