Rebounding!

>I think Indiana's achille's heel was their inability to convert their free
>throw opportunities.  Is there any question that they'd have defeated the
>Bulls if they shot better from the line?
>
>Cecil

Any question? Yes. What was the difference in offensive rebounds? 22-4 is
an astounding statistic. It's been said over and over and over on this list
that rebounding is all about desire. The Bulls look old, worn out, and to
be honest...absolutely beatable. They remind me an awful lot of Bill
Russell's last chamionship team. The Bulls had no business winning this
series. And they have absolutely no business winning the next. But 22-4
says a lot about that team. I'm UNconvinced that Stockton and Malone have
that intangible in their games. I haven't checked, but I'm willing to
guess, after watching Stockton in the playoffs for a while now, that his
career playoff numbers are lower than his career regular-season numbers.
Yes? Anyway, no matter what happens in the next series, that was a pretty
remarkable performance by a bunch of old guys on their way out.

Paul M