Pacers/Bird comments

The Pacers lack of FT shooting was unbelievable.  Bird must be out of his
mind for having lost the game in the manner they did.  Yes a few more makes
and they likely would have won this all time classic game.  I think Bird
will seriously consider keeping Dale Davis after his horrible game, and
Mullin (no 's Zeke you horses patut) was definately a liability on the
floor.  The boards killed this team in a game like this maybe as never
before.  Miller missed numerous clear shots and though he and Smits shot
the ball pretty well, they were out of position far too many times.  To
be out rebounded on the offense end 22-4, it is lucky they even had a
chance near the end.  One last note on the game, it was classy not to see
Bird drag out the inevitable by fouling when most others would have.

Bird's post game comments to NBC's Jim Grey, were classic as well; when
asked how he felt the Bulls would do being so spent after this series, he
said "I don't care, we lost"  He finished the statement with one of his low
throat chuckles.  I am glad I had it on tape, as I replayed it numerous
times. My wife and I enjoyed something from the moment even with the loss.
He said in the post game press conference that after all that had happened,
he still thought the refing sucked.  This was with humor, but this is one
of the great things about Bird, in that in the heat of the battle, before
during or after, he has the dryest sense of humor, and he can't resist
laughing at his own attempts at humor, just like any of us would be want to
do.

Better luck next year Bird and the Pacers (they might have won it all)