Re: The NBA Grind -Reply

I disagree.

The All-Star game is not simply an award or honor like being voted into
the hall of fame.  It is an event to entertain the fans, without whom,
nobody in the NBA would be making a living off of basketball.

Therefore, whether or not Bird attends, reflects his sense of obligation to
the fans who make his livelihood possible, and thus his attendence or
lack thereof, would reflect upon his character.

>>> "dlim@utkux.utcc.utk.edu" 01/30/98 08:31am >>>

I don't know about that. I guess it depends on your perspective on
coaching the all star team. I think it is intended more as an honor than
as an obligation. Ideally, one should have the choice as to whether one
would like to accept the rewards of excellence.  What I am trying to say
is that whether he attends or not should not be a reflection on his
character. - Danny