Re: The NBA Grind

I don't know about that. I guess it depends on your perspective on
coaching the all star team. I think it is intended more as an honor than
as an obligation. Ideally, one should have the choice as to whether one
would like to accept the rewards of excellence. But having said that, I
do recognize how important it is for him to accept the job. If not for the
further promotion of the game, then also taking into account the fact that
were he to be given the freedom to skip the game, then why are the
players obligated to attend? What I am trying to say is that whether he
attends or not should not be a reflection on his character. - Danny