Re: RP show

Warwick Janetzki wrote:

> Hash, Troy wrote:

> > >                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > Maybe trading Eric Williams wasn't such a good idea after all.
> > > He could play good defense, when motivated, and was developing
> > > into a legitamate scoring threat.
> > >
> > > And to think it only took everyone 1/2 season to figures THAT one out!  No offense intended, but as I have said on this list many times, that is the dumbest trades of all time!!  I love RP as much as the next guy, but he had to be smokin dope that night!!!  Troy
>
> No. I dont think so.
>
> I think it was a good trade. Eric isn't worth what he wanted. I wont
> bring up the knee accident because it isn't fair. It has nothing to do
> with it. Eric wanted to be the C's #2 player and he hasn't got the skill
> or talent that a Ron Mercer has. Sorry, but I'm kinda glad to see Eric
> go, but, if he wanted his market value, I would have loved to have seen
> him stay.

 How was it a good trade?  We got nothing for a first round draft pick.
You don't think the Bulls, Cavs, Spurs, etc. wouldn't at least have
given a first round pick?  Instead we got 2 worthless 2nd rounders that
RP has since given away because he also knew they were worthless.. Nope
bad trade anyway you look at it.  Troy