trades, etc.

I favor a trade that could bring us Damon Stoudamire and parley Camby
to Jersey for J. Williams.  Wow!  I hate giving up picks, but these two
would add terrific speed, power, talent.

I don't understand those who diss Damon.  He's an incredible talent.  He
shoots too much like Antoine does.  But his assists are high and he is
always on the ball--rebounds, steals.  I think he would do wonders for
our style of play.

 Likewise, I don't understand those who are ready to annoint Kobe as
the next Jordan.  Sure, I can see the talent and maybe if I watched him
constantly I would feel more positive toward him.  But, for now, he's got
a long ways to go to be of great value to a winning team.  I certainly
wouldn't trade one of our young "stars" for him.  Winning the slam dunk
contest doesn't mean you will be a great one; I still run into people who
say, "yeah, Dee Brown, boy he's great!"  Alas, all that flashes doesn't
stick to the pan, or words to that effect.

Gene (of the last forty days, I suspect that about 25 have been in the
30s or 40s here; I'm talking weather)