Re: Bird the Hick

Hi, Dan,

>Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 09:15:14 -0500
>From: Dan <dforant1@nycap.rr.com>
>
>said "Definitely my biggest win since I've been coaching" Down deep he
>feels the Celts organization let him down, by letting him go. Only a big
>hug with Miller after the game, as if it were the 7th game of the playoffs.

Do you think Bird should wish to lose the game to Celtics? Do you think
Bird should tell his players to take the game easy? That's NOT the Larry
Bird we cheered for. From Bird's point of view, he needed to win this
game more than anyone else, he cannot label himself as a Celtics legend
and COMPROMISE his job. Not even allow anybody have any hint to guess
he compromised to give it to Celtics. As a LB fan, I don't like that, as
a Celtics fan, I don't like that either. LB was a Celtics hero but he is
a basketball lover and he is the Pacer coach. Winning the game is the
principle. Reggie Miller bailed him out by making those final shots, and
I can understand why LB was so thankful to Miller.

The only annoyance from the game was Dee Brown let Reggie make those shots.

>Bird's statement about the All Star game "I have no desire to coach an All
>Star game" and "I have no desire to go to an All Star game" Just who the

That's the LB we liked. Don't we? I don't care about the all-star game
neither, except it will give Walker a status, and the refs will give
Antoine a break.

>Another quote "I have no ties to this building, I loved that place next
>door" You just know anybody else would have said something nice about the

Sorry, LB will only give you his true feeling, and those words are true.

Final word: praise more about the good things and don't guess when talking
about the bad things.

peace

-ian