Dee's contract

                      Dee's contract                               1/19/98

>Salary details for each trade
>
>Player:     BROWN         for    RICHARDOSN
>Salary:     $3,500,000           $2,820,710
>FA Year:    2001                 2000

I'm 99.44% (just live Ivory) sure that Dee's contract expires in 2000, the
same year as Richardson.

WARNING!!!  TRADE IDEAS FOLLOW!!!!  READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Here's a weird trade idea.  I'm thinking we offer to Golden St. Dee,  Travis,
Minor, our first round pick this year (unconditionally), and the assurance
that we won't pursue Joe Smith in free agency (he's not worth pursuing anyway)
for a secound round pick some time in the distant future (in other words we
get nothing).  The reason I think this might be legal is that Golden St. is
way under the cap due to Spreewell's departure.  We would essentially be
trading our 10th-13th pick for the chance to go after McDyess, Jason Williams,
Stewart, Austin, Stoudamire, etc...  And I think Golden St. might do it
because they could have all the cap space in the world and still not land any
good free agents.  But the draft pick would have to sign.

Another quick trade idea:  Chauncey and our first round pick to Toronto for
Stoudamire.  We get a pure, talented point.  Toronto gets a good player in
Chauncey and a decent pick for a player they will definitely lose at the end
of the year.

Jeremy