Greg Odegaard wrote:

<<I would trade Billups for Smith, only IF Smith would re-sign with the team.
 My questions are does the LB rules under the cap come with him and is he
strong enough to give the future foundation at PF/C we need?  I am unsure.>>

YES, Smith is "Bird-eligible".  No, he is not strong enough.  He is no more of a PF/C than
Walter McCarty, who has a similar build.  DON'T MORTGAGE THE FUTURE FOR SMITH.  Or, for that
matter, McDyess (if there's a way to get McDyess without giving up Billups, Mercer, Walker or
this year's first rounder, I'd do it).

I'm also curious about why everyone seems to think Jayson Williams is going to be available
in the offseason.  He LOVES New Jersey.  He has apparently buried the hatchet with Calipari
and he thinks Van Horn is the next great superstar.  Jayson's not going anywhere, and it's a
shame because IMHO he's the best rebounder in the NBA.  Yes, the best, notwithstanding what
a certain dress-wearing, ugly tattoo sporting, obscenity-spouting wife-beater has to say
about it.