RE: 3 Point Shot

The fact is that the reason their three point % is so low is that there
is no inside threat.  Also because there is no one taking the ball to
the hole.  Teams have a much easier time defending the jumper if they
don't have to worry about a man putting the ball on the floor or passing
the ball inside.  Why do you think that someone like MJ makes so many
jumpers?  It is because as soon as you come out and defend him he is
going to blow right by you.  On the same note, a team like the Lakers
are going to have a higher 3 pt % because they have Shaq inside, and you
have to respect the threat that he is.
Since the Celtics don't have a big man that is a threat then they must
start putting the ball on the floor and get more lay ups and dunks.  I
think we will find if they do that then the 3 pt % will go up, because
they will have many  more open looks.
Brandon Kern
Spear Support Team
*  757-490-5179