Antoine

I saw an interview w/ Walker late last night (I think it was a rerun of
Celtics magazine or Pitino's show) and he said,

" I want to stay in Boston. I don't really see myself playing anywhere else
but Boston. I want to help this franchise come back again."

I really think that Antoine will stay in Boston. Think about it. Rick
Pitino calculates every move he makes. He pre-empted Walker's agent from
asking for the "Garnett-type" of money, but never said HE personally
doesn't want to keep Walker. Pitino also said that he is VERY close with
Walker's mother and that will make all of the difference. P also pointed
out that it's not very good to play in one's hometown (Chicago). Besides,
Walker would be compared to Jordan constantly and I think he knows he
doesn't want to fill Jordan's shoes, but rather, create his own team...his
own destiny. I think the more challenging goal is the Boston situation.
These are the kinds of intangibles that don't show up in the bottom line
salary figures. Mark my words. He'll stay.

TJL

Theresa Lee
Alumni Officer III, Telethons and Parent Programs
Association of Alumni and Alumnae of MIT
10-140, 77 Mass Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139
ph: 617-253-8280
tjoyce@mit.edu