optimistic fan

	I tend to agree with the person who stated Pitino has been working miracles with this team all year long. No truer statement has ever been said.  The players that Pitino has been winning with this year have, in some cases, far less ability than their NBA counterparts. I really like the Celtics team this year. There's no question that Antoine Walker is the best player on the Celtics and the future of this team needs to be built around him.  The goal of an NBA championship is at least 4-5 years away if Walker and Pitino are still with the Celtics.  What many NBA fans fail to realize is that the professional basketball is experiencing a kind of turning so to speak.  This turning involves the gradual passing of the torch between generations of players.  The pros who joined the NBA in the mid-80's (Olajuwon, Ewing, Barkley, Drexler, Jordan, Mullin) are nearing the end of their careers. The league is now being turned over to Antoine Walker, Allan Iverson,Tim Duncan, Ketih Van Horn and Glenn Robinson.  I think the Celtics are in a strong position if they  don't commit any grievous mistakes such as losing Walker or signing a bust of a free agent,ala Wilkins or McDaniel.  I grow frustrated at times when I see the Celtics losing however I am comforted by the fact that in a few years, if all things pan out, we'll be in the thick of things. Go Celts!!!!!!