Rough Stretch

We are going through a rough stretch now, for several reasons, I think the
chief one is lack of point guard experience or just plain lack of ability
of our point guards in general. Outside of a few minutes of showing some
positive signs Billups is not cutting it as a pro. He continues to have
basic flaws and doesn't seem willing or capable of correcting them. He may
improve, but now he may be experiencing the "hitting the wall syndrome"
rookies often get, although I think he hit the wall after the 3rd game. Why
is it we don't draft well? Why do we draft projects? Oh yeah we have had
some good games this year so far, I agree, but I don't see where Chauncey
is going to take us to the next level. Just a feeling, and being around the
Celts for so long you get a pretty good feeling for things. At this point
the only two positives, maybe three are Walker and Mercer, (maybe McCarty).
This rebuilding process has just begun and has a long long way to go.
Mainly because we have nothing to trade, so we have to do it the hard way.
I realize we are having a good year compared to the last few but can't help
keep from burning inside when I think of the Progress of LA has made
compared to our blunders. When you see how well the rest of the league is
doing compared to us bottom feeders, it's scary.