Antoine for President!!!

                      Antoine for President!!!                     1/8/98

Warwick, what a thorough analysis!!! You should mail it to Rick Pitino.  He
might make you the Celtic's top Australian scout.

Moving onto last night's game.  It reminded me of the Bulls in the mid-80's
when Jordan would torch other teams but they would still lose.  Walker was
unstoppable, but you can still see room for improvement.  He missed 5 free
throws, which could have changed the outcome of the game.  And he should have
looked for an opponent teammate when he was triple teamed on the play where he
fouled out.  He probably would have gotten the ball back.  Those are the two
problems that have been plaguing him all season.  When he fixes them, he'll be
an MVP contender.

People shouldn't be surprised that he's only seventh in the all-star balloting
among forwards.  Most people vote on how players did last year or throughout
there career.  I'm sure Walker will get put on the team as a backup (since
that is up to the coaches or the all-star coach- I forget).  If Walker
maintains his level of play throughout the rest of the season (ie 22 points,
10 rebounds, and 2 steals), he'll be voted in as a starter next year or at
least be in the top 3 forwards.

As far him signing with Chicago is concerned, I doubt it.  It looks like
Jackson won't be back for another year and thus Jordan will retire giving the
Bulls tons of cap room.  They'll probably use all of it up with long term
contracts to McDyess/Stoudamire/Penny.  Or whoever they want this summer.
Walker won't be a free agent until next summer.

If Jordan plays one more year, maybe they'll wait until the summer of '99 for
Walker.  But for him and Jordan to play together, Jordan has to play two more
seasons and has to sign a very small contract before they can sign Walker.
You have to give Jerry Reinsdorf credit for being intelligent enough to sign
Jordan and Rodman to one year deals.  If either of them have a career ending
injury this year, it's no big deal cap-wise.  But look at the Knicks.  After
this season, Ewing still has three years left on his four year $60M contract.

Lastly to Celtics033, whoever you are.  If you're going to use vulgar language
to criticize Cheryl Miller, at least be man enough to sign your name.  A good
rule of thumb is, if you're too ashamed to put your name on an email then you
shouldn't be sending it.

Jeremy