Re: Losing Walker

J. Mark Estepp wrote:

> I have a sinking feeling that the Bulls will go after Walker big time to
> fill the void left by losing Pippen.  If they could convince M.J. to stay
> another year, maybe swallow their pride and keep Phil Jackson, they have the
> opportunity to offer Walker the following:

The only thing is that Walker MUST stay in Boston for another year - by then
Jordan & Jackson are gone unless they both plan to hang around for TWO more
years to welcome Walker. Walker could then become the hometown hero and make a
load of money on an awful team - AND constantly hear how if it was Michael the
team would be better.

We may lose him anyway - his price tag just rose after last night - but unless
the cap structure is changed this summer the Larry Bird exception gives us the
inside track.

George