Why Trade

I read the list every day and enjoy every ones comments but I just
wanted to put in my 2 cents worth.  I just don't understand all this
crazy talk of trading 2 of our young and future stars for a backup
center (Austin) and 2 injury prone dog forwards (Mashburn & Owens).
The more the Celts play together the better they will get and believe me
as the season drags on no one will want to play us especially in the
playoffs.  Some of the teams (Knicks and Magic for example) that are
ahead of us right now are in a downward spiral and could easily miss the
playoffs.  IMO we are 2 quality players away from making a strong run
for rings;1.need a strong rebounding power forward (I love Tom
Gugliotta) to help our 3 headed center sort of like what Rodman does for
Chicago and ;2 a true backup point guard.  I would rather use Barros
coming off the bench as a shooter than as a point guard since he is
better at creating his own shot rather than trying to set someone up.
We are strong at small forward and will be strong in the backcourt when
within another 6 months Billups ,Mercer& Bowens acquire the true
knowledge of how to play this game.  Remember it took the better part of
a full season just for Walker to show his true talents and it is going
to take almost the same amount of time for McCarty,Mercer,Bowen &
Billups to show their true talents.  Right now we are seeing just bits
and pieces from their game , but with Walker we are getting it every
night now .  If somehow we can get rid of the Dee Brown,Tyus Edney and
the Greg Minor contracts we can go after a very good free agent this
summer,this is our biggest problem. Remember in the 80's most of our
best players(Bird, McHale,Max and Ainge) came from the draft and then
along the way we got the Chief,DJ,Wedman,Tiny ,Ford and Walton (by the
way we gave up almost nothing to acquire these guys)to finish the job.
	For your reference I live in the Miami area and Austin has said
publicly that he prefers to sign with a team in a warm weather climate,
His top choice is to stay in Miami if it can be worked out with a
contract that balloons out at the end.  The heat would give Mashburn
away for almost anything since he is considered by the fans; a dog who
is an injury prone no defense forward who likes to shoot from the
perimeter.  If you think you have a problem with overpriced players with
a big contract you haven't had the pleasure to watch Owens play.  He
has
come and gone from team to team and is just an awful excuse for a
basketball player.
	The Joe Smiths and Iversons of the world are very talented but are not
players who could play in a teamwork system situation.  They are more
like a cancer on their respective teams and as you can see their teams
don't improve as time goes on.
	The Celts are playing together as a unit and are starting to learn how
their teammates play nightly as well as picking up every one else court
habits and will get only better as the season goes forward.
	I appreciate your patience in letting me vent & blow off some steam
regarding these possible & hopefully do not happen trades.

Regards to all,
Hart