Celtics

Mishra stated:
Both Joe Smith and McDyess are worth the contract and will really help the
Celts. The Warriors would be glad to give Smith that kind of contract, but
he doesn't want to stay.

I have not seen anything that would substantiate this. Smith & Mcdyess are
two overrated players who have been big disapointments.  Walker is better
than both.  Neither can play the 5 spot so would only take time away from
A..W and $8-$10M a year for 15/9 is too much for me.

That is one thing I won't do. Iverson is talented but there is something in
him that is not right.

As long as Iverson plays the 2 spot he is o.k.  He is really out of
position at the point. I agree his attitude is questionable, the talent is
not.

The 2 second rounders were given back to New York. Besides Barry can't play
the point, the Clippers tried to do that and he was most unhappy <was in
Bill Fitch's dog house too>. We don't need another SG, I like the current
combo of Bowen + Mercer.

It is actually the Clipper ownership & brass from Sterling to Elgin
Baylor(the worst GM in the business) down to Fitch just being to old to
relate to the young players.
I can't recall a team that has had so many top 10 picks and end up with so
little.  Sterling turned down offers to move the team an awesome facility
the Arrowhead Pond in Orange Co. where they play 10 games a year and draw
about 16,000,  from the old Sports arena where they are lucky to draw
9,000.  It is that type of business decision that has  plaqued this team
since its early days in San Diego.
Barry's quickness and athletic ability would be a great fit in the Celtics
game.  It hard to get assists when you have very few players that can put
the ball in the hoop.

                                                                      -
Mishra